Rachel Gereboff donated 2020-10-22 10:42:45 -0700
Every dollar that is donated goes directly to help fund programs like housing, food, child care, counseling, financial literacy, job readiness, and other activities to help families transition from homelessness to permanent housing.
- $25 provides an emergency bag of food and hygiene items to a woman in need.
- $50 One-month of internet for a member of the Alexandria House community.
- $75 pays for PPE and cleaning supplies.
- $100 will pay for a monthly bus pass.
- $250 pays for a new bed for an Alexandria House resident.
- $300 covers the cost of feeding 40 people at our daily community dinner.
- $500 provides healthy snacks for a full year for our childcare program.
- $1,000 pays for 15 sessions of therapy for a child dealing with trauma-related issues.
- $2,500 will go towards moving costs for a family moving into permanent housing.
You can be a s/hero to the women and children who we serve. Please be generous!
Together, we can make a difference in the lives of the people who are part of the Alexandria House community. Together, we can work to change the systemic injustices that keep women and children homeless and in poverty.
Make the most of your gift to Alexandria House by taking advantage of your company's matching gift programs. We will work with your company to provide any necessary paperwork. Here's a list of the top 20 matching gift companies.Donate
Rachel Gereboff wants to volunteer 2019-08-13 16:42:48 -0700
Note: We are currently not accepting any volunteers EXCEPT for our Top Chef Program.
Click here for more information about Top Chef then email Alejandra (email@example.com) to schedule a dinner drop-off.
At Alexandria House, our volunteers are a treasured part of our community. Together we laugh, cook, eat, play, and work as we help women and children in need.
Over the years, volunteers have taught art classes, provided counseling, driven residents to appointments, created on-site gardens, led writing workshops, took our children to the beach, and so much more. Our Top Chefs gather family and friends to cook weeknight meals for our residents, while energetic organizers join us to set up our monthly Thrift Sales. Whether you come once a week, once a month, or once a year, we need your enthusiasm, compassion, and unique talents.
Check out our different volunteer programs!
We ask that all new volunteers first attend an orientation. We typically have volunteer orientations twice a month on the first Tuesday of the month at 7pm and the second Saturday at 10:30am. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all our volunteer programs have been suspended and we will not have volunteer orientations until further notice.
If you have more questions, please contact our office at (213) 381-2649 or email Alejandra at firstname.lastname@example.org.