Kimberly Wilhelm donated 2020-05-05 12:13:38 -0700
It's nearly 3 a.m. on the morning of March 19, 2020 and the smell of smoke is heavy in the air. Our beautiful green house had a fire that started on the 2nd floor and spread to the 3rd floor as well. We are extremely grateful that everyone got out safely and nobody was hurt. All of the families who lived in the green house are being temporarily housed in a motel right around the corner. We are waiting to hear how extensive the damage is and how rapidly the families can return.
In the meantime, we turn to you, our faithful supporters, and ask for you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. This is an immediate appeal to help us in our time of need. This Emergency Fire Relief Fund will provide for temporary housing, food, clothing, and more.
Ways You Can Help
- Donate to our Emergency Fire Relief Fund above
- Donate to our Amazon Wish List
- Donate gift cards for food, clothes and more
- Purchase NEW clothes for the families affected by the fire, see sizes here
- Note: Due to safety concerns regarding the coronavirus, we cannot accept gently-used donations. We appreciate your understanding.
As we take a deep breath, we know you are here with us and we are ever grateful.
Feel free to call our office (213-381-2649) to learn how you can help. We ask that you call before coming to the house as we are practicing social distancing. Thank you so much for your support.Donate
Kimberly Wilhelm donated 2018-07-30 15:04:05 -0700
Every dollar that is donated goes directly to help fund programs like housing, food, child care, counseling, financial literacy, job readiness, and other activities to help families transition from homelessness to permanent housing.
- $25 provides an emergency bag of food and hygiene items to a woman in need.
- $50 One-month of internet for a member of the Alexandria House community.
- $75 pays for PPE and cleaning supplies.
- $100 will pay for a monthly bus pass.
- $250 pays for a new bed for an Alexandria House resident.
- $300 covers the cost of feeding 40 people at our daily community dinner.
- $500 provides healthy snacks for a full year for our childcare program.
- $1,000 pays for 15 sessions of therapy for a child dealing with trauma-related issues.
- $2,500 will go towards moving costs for a family moving into permanent housing.
You can be a s/hero to the women and children who we serve. Please be generous!
Together, we can make a difference in the lives of the people who are part of the Alexandria House community. Together, we can work to change the systemic injustices that keep women and children homeless and in poverty.
Make the most of your gift to Alexandria House by taking advantage of your company's matching gift programs. We will work with your company to provide any necessary paperwork. Here's a list of the top 20 matching gift companies.Donate