Shannon Green donated 2020-03-19 14:29:56 -0700
It's nearly 3 a.m. on the morning of March 19, 2020 and the smell of smoke is heavy in the air. Our beautiful green house had a fire that started on the 2nd floor and spread to the 3rd floor as well. We are extremely grateful that everyone got out safely and nobody was hurt. All of the families who lived in the green house are being temporarily housed in a motel right around the corner. We are waiting to hear how extensive the damage is and how rapidly the families can return.
In the meantime, we turn to you, our faithful supporters, and ask for you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. This is an immediate appeal to help us in our time of need. This Emergency Fire Relief Fund will provide for temporary housing, food, clothing, and more.
Ways You Can Help
- Donate to our Emergency Fire Relief Fund above
- Donate to our Amazon Wish List
- Donate gift cards for food, clothes and more
- Purchase NEW clothes for the families affected by the fire, see sizes here
- Note: Due to safety concerns regarding the coronavirus, we cannot accept gently-used donations. We appreciate your understanding.
As we take a deep breath, we know you are here with us and we are ever grateful.
Feel free to call our office (213-381-2649) to learn how you can help. We ask that you call before coming to the house as we are practicing social distancing. Thank you so much for your support.Donate
Shannon Green donated 2020-08-10 04:36:39 -0700
By becoming a monthly donor, you help:
- Families living in our Transitional Residence enjoy the miracle of safety as they sleep under our roof instead of on the street or in their cars;
- Women recover from a variety of personal tragedies, from domestic violence to the loss of a job or home;
- Women receive the miracles of time, support and peace of mind as they plan for a future with permanent housing and take important life steps to make this happen;
- Children enjoy as normal a childhood as possible reaching developmental milestones, celebrate birthdays and splash in a kiddie pool on a hot summer day.
Thank you for being a part of creating miracles.Donate